Monday, January 19, 2009

Bakersfield Relay For Life

Relay For Life Logo Pictures, Images and Photos

This is the year! I have always talked about getting involved in a walk for charity, but it always ended up being just talk. Well this year I decided it was time for a change. With the help and motivation of a few coworkers I have not only signed up to be part of the Bakersfield Relay For Life, but I am the Captain! What the heck did I get myself into????



I attended the first Captains meeting on Saturday and had a blast. Lots of music and dancing which is right up my alley. I love to have fun and I know the event will be just that. The hard part for me is raising the money. I am not one to ask for anything. This is for such a great cause that I decided I'd give it a try.



My team is CSUB Campus for a Cure and is made up of members from the Police Department. Our goal is to raise at least 1,000 dollars and I know we can do it!



If you would like to help just check out this site......




http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY09CA?px=8801756&pg=personal&fr_id=13826&s_tafId=254397


I will post pictures as soon as I can. Thanks!

No comments: