Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Once a Thrower, Always a Thrower


On Saturday night John and I went to the CSUB Track and Field Reunion at the Double Tree Hotel. Most of our old teammates we see on a regular basis because we all keep in touch through our coach, Coach Collatz. We did see a few faces we hadn't seen since our college years which was nice. During the reunion we got a book on the all time top 20 marks in each event. I'd thought I'd share since we both made some of the lists.

John

#3 in the Javelin throw with a throw of 210'1" He was an All-American which means he was one of the top eight throwers in Division 2 Track and Field.

#17 in the Discus throw with a throw of 166'3"


Carla

#4 in the Weight throw with a throw of 53'5 3/4"

#5 in the Hammer throw with a throw of 166'7"

#20 in the Discus throw with a throw of 123'10".

We both say we are going to throw again one day but our bodies are both shot from all the heavy power lifting we did in college. If we can pull it together we plan on throwing in the Police and Fire games in California next year. I think that will be my last hurrah and then I will focus on training Savannah to be an Olympic thrower:)

No comments: